Fatima Pilgrimage from Dublin | Feast of the Anniversary of Sr. Lucia
Pilgrimage to Fatima
Duration: 4 nights
Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Lisbon
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel with guide assistance
- 4 nights accommodation in Hotel Cinquentenario in Fatima
- Daily breakfast, lunch and evening meal served at hotel
- Transfer from your hotel to Lisbon Airport for return flight
- Direct flight from Lisbon to Dublin
- Luxury air-conditioned coach for all transfers and tours
Tours & Religious Programme
- Full religious programme organised by Joe Walsh Tours and led by Spiritual Director
- Guided tour of the Sanctuary Square in Fatima
- Sightseeing tour of Fatima
- Guided tour of the Fatima and Aljustrel region visiting places relating to the three shepherd children and the locations of the Apparitions
- Full assistance of Joe Walsh Tours guides and representatives throughout the pilgrimage
- Day 1:
Meet fellow pilgrims at Dublin Airport and check in for your direct flight to Lisbon. On arrival at Lisbon Airport you will be met by a Joe Walsh Tours representative and transferred by private coach to your hotel in Fatima. The transfer from Lisbon Airport to Fatima takes approximately ninety minutes. The village of Fatima is a renowned place of pilgrimage and home to one of the world’s most famous Marian Shrines. It was in a place called Cova da Iria that the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to three shepherd children, Lucia Santos and her cousins Jacinta Marto and Francisco Marto, on 13 May 1917 and on the thirteenth day of the five following months. Our Lady of Fatima - or Our Lady of the Rosary, as the apparition identified herself to the three children - told the children that she had been sent by God with a message for every man, woman and child living. She promised that Heaven would grant peace to the whole world if her request for prayer, reparation and consecration were heard and obeyed.
- Days 2 - 4:
A full pilgrimage programme has been prepared for your time in Fatima. The schedule will be confirmed to you during the introductory talk and meeting on the day of arrival. The daily activities include the following:
- Walk to the Sanctuary Square where we will attend a special Mass in the Chapel of the Apparitions (Capelinha) for the opening of our pilgrimage. We will then remain in the Sanctuary Square for a guided tour, taking in a visit to the Rosary Basilica wherein the remains of Blessed Francisco and Blessed Jacinta lie. We will see part of the Berlin Wall and other sites of interest in the area.
- Depart by coach to Aljustrel. We will visit the Fatima Parish Church and attend Mass where the three shepherd children were baptised. After Mass we continue to Valinhos, where our Lady appeared to the children in August 1917. We visit the Loca Do Cabeco, where the angel appeared twice in 1916, and the well in Lucia’s garden where the angel appeared on another occasion the same year. We also visit the homes of the visionaries.
- Attend the open air international Mass in the Sanctuary Square followed by the “Adeus”. A group photograph is taken in the afternoon and we join the Eucharistic Procession, which takes place in the Sanctuary Square.
- Hungarian Way of the Cross in Fatima.
- Rosary and candlelight procession.
- Attend a special farewell mass in the Chapel of Apparitions (Capelinha).
- Optional tour to Santarem. Depart for Santarem where we visit the Church of the Holy Miracle, home to a famous Eucharistic Miracle in the thirteenth century. We also visit the monument of St. Irene, who is believed to have had associations with Cova Da Iria in Fatima.
- Optional tour to Lisbon. Depart Fatima in the morning. We visit the Church of St. Anthony and also the crypt which contains the very room in which the Saint was born. In the Cathedral of Lisbon we see the baptismal font of St. Anthony. We also visit the Church of Jeronimos, the most beautiful example of Manueline Architecture in Portugal.
- Optional tour to Coimbra. Depart for Coimbra and attend Mass in the convent where Sister Lucia lived (subject to confirmation). Visit to Santa Cruz Church where St. Anthony was ordained in1220 and visit to the Church of St. Anthony, built over the Franciscan cell he occupied before leaving Portugal. Visit to the tomb of St. Elizabeth who died in 1336 and whose body is incorrupt. Free time.
- Optional tour to Nazare. Visit the Chapel that commemorates the miracle which saved the life of Lord Fuas Rouphinho. We will see the beautiful views over the town and the Atlantic Ocean. There will be time to walk along the beach or relax in one of the many cafes.
- Day 5:
Depart from Fatima to Lisbon Airport by private coach. The Joe Walsh Tours representatives will on hand to provide assistance during check in for your return flight to Dublin.
- Travel insurance €29 per person (conditions apply); please note that there is an additional insurance premium of €29 for persons aged 86 to 94 years
- Guided excursions from Fatima (available to book locally; subject to minimum number of participants):
- Full day guided tour of Lisbon
- Full day guided tour of Braga, Porto & Balazar
- Full or half day guided tour of Nazare
- Half day trip to Santarem
- Full or half day guided tour of Coimbra
- Half day visit to Ortiga/Ourem
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges totalling €90 per person
- Passengers are entitled to one piece of hand luggage (10kg); subject to airline’s conditions
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement from €30 per night; sharing can be arranged
- Full assistance of Joe Walsh Tours representatives at airports is included
- Porterage at airports and hotels is included
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required for booking
- A buy on board catering system is available on flights
- Itinerary may be subject to change; E&OE
- All bookings are licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TO 052 and TA 0689 in compliance with EU and UK regulations