Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Naples
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel in San Giovanni Rotondo with guide assistance
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Hotel Parco delle Rose in San Giovanni Rotondo
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner served at hotel
- Transfer from your hotel to Naples airport for return flight
- Direct flight from Naples to Dublin with Aer Lingus
- Luxury air-conditioned coach for all transfers and tours
Tours & Religious Programme
- Visit the main sights in San Giovanni Rotondo including the Capuchin Friary, the English Office, the Way of the Cross and the old and new churches
- Visit Monte Sant’Angelo where the Archangel Michael appeared in a cave in the fifth century
- In the town of San Marco we visit St. Matthew’s Monastery
- Day 1: Friday 02 August
Early morning departure from Dublin Airport for flight to Naples. Upon arrival a Joe Walsh Tours escort will meet us and we continue on to San Giovanni Rotondo, where we will stay for three nights in the four star, Hotel Parco delle Rose, with breakfast, lunch and dinner each day.
- Day 2: Saturday 03 August
Today we explore San Giovanni Rotondo. We visit the Capuchin Friary where the Saint lived and died, the crucifix before which he received the stigmata, the old and new churches and the Way of the Cross. We visit Padre Pio’s tomb and the English office. The English office was established to deal with the vast numbers of English speaking pilgrims visiting San Giovanni. Here we have the opportunity to receive a personal blessing with St. Pio’s glove and crucifix.
- Day 3: Sunday 04 August
This afternoon we visit the town of Monte Sant’Angelo and the shrine in the cave where the Archangel Michael appeared in the fifth century. A long list of saints, popes and emperors have visited this cave to pray to the Archangel, among them St. Francis and Padre Pio. We visit St. Matthew’s Monastery in the nearby town of San Marco in Lamis. There will be free time to stroll around the cobblestone streets and browse among the colourful shops and stalls selling handcrafts and typical local produce. We return to San Giovanni for dinner and overnight.
- Day 4: Monday 05 August
Early morning departure from San Giovanni for our return flight home. Arrive into Dublin at approximately 14:50 hrs.
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges totalling €90 per person
- Complimentary group travel insurance is provided free of charge for persons up to 85 years; an additional insurance premium of €29 is charged to persons aged 86 to 94 years
- Passengers are entitled to one piece of hand luggage (10kg). Check in luggage (15kg for €100) is not included in the price; subject to airline’s conditions
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement from €35 per night; sharing, if required, can be arranged
- Porterage charges and in-flight catering are not included in the price
- Full assistance of Joe Walsh Tours representatives at airports is included
- All entrance fees and admissions as per itinerary
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required for booking
- A buy on board catering system is available on flights
- Itinerary and flight details may be subject to change; E&OE
- All bookings protected by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Ireland (T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689) and the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK (ATOL 5163 | ABTOT 5332)