Rome & Sorrento
Savour the gems of the Eternal City and the stunning Sorrento Coast
There are no Escorted Tours to Rome & Sorrento in 2017 but due to huge demand we will be operating this tour in 2018. If you would like to be informed of future departures, please sign up to our newsletter so you'll be the first to know.
This fantastic two-centre escorted tour highlights the treasures of the Eternal City complemented by a relaxing break on the elegant sunlit shores of the charming South Italian seaside town of Sorrento. Spend three nights in Rome exploring its magnificent heritage as you enjoy a panoramic tour taking in major historic sites and a guided orientation tour of the city with our local expert guide highlighting the most important cultural and historic sites, such as The Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon, and the Piazza Navona. Spend afternoons strolling along the city’s ancient cobblestone streets and breathing the history that’s in the air. Visit the awe inspiring St. Peter’s Basilica with our guided tour of the Vatican City, taking in the breath-taking cultural treasures it bears. Take the opportunity to revisit favourite historical sites of Christian, Baroque or Renaissance Rome.
As you leave Rome for the spectacular surroundings of Sorrento, stop over en route for an unforgettable visit to the ancient Roman city of Pompeii and experience an incredible journey back to life in Roman times. For the next four nights, unwind in the beautiful Roman resort of Sorrento, set on the breath-taking Sorrentine Peninsula on the enchanting Bay of Naples, and relax at your own pace, savouring the stunning sea views, elegant cobble-stoned streets lined with shops offering local handicrafts, and charming piazzas. Or join one of our optional tours to Amalfi Coast or Capri, taking in the most breath-taking coastlines, scenic towns and magical grottos. The time is yours to enjoy!
For additional information, contact our Italian Escorted Tours specialists today!
- Currency: Euro (€, EUR)
- Local time: GMT +1 hour
- Airports: Naples (NAP); Rome (FCO); Bologna (BLQ); Venice (VCE)
- Flight duration: from 2 hours 20 minutes to 3 hours approximately, depending on the destination
- Languages: Italian; many people speak English
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long hot summers and short mild winters
- Voltage: 230V A/C, Sockets outlets and sockets of Type and Type F 2 pin, and Type L 3 pin are used.
- Visa: not required for EU citizens; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: EU passport holders travelling to Italy must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities