Please note these are group tours and we do not take individual requests. If you are interested in organising a group Military & Heritage tour please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The State of Israel was born three years after the Holocaust in 1948. The Jewish people had been exiled from their land for nearly nineteen hundred years and even though the re-establishment of Israel had been agreed by the Balfour Declaration in 1917, the survivors of the Holocaust had to fight the British occupation to establish the new state. We visit the associated battles and many other areas of military history in this fascinating country.
Call our specialists today and find out more about the Military & Heritage tours we offer. Let us know about your military genealogy interests ahead of the tour and we will do our best to include cemetery and memorial visits of your interest.
- Currency: Israeli Shekel (ILS)
- Local time: GMT +2 hours
- Airports: Tel Aviv (TLV)
- Flight duration: 5 hours approximately
- Transfer time: 30 minutes
- Languages: Hebrew and Arabic are the official languages; many people speak English and Russian
- Climate: Mediterranean climate with long, hot and dry summers followed by short, cool to warm, wet winters. Heavy rainstorms are usual between November and February. Snow is possible inland on high ground at the height of winter.
- Voltage: 230V A/C. The standard for H plugs (local incompatible plug with 3 flat Y-shaped pins) and sockets was recently modified to use round pins, so most modern sockets accept both type C (Europlug with 2 round pins) and type H plugs. Type M sockets are used for air conditioners. Identical plugs and sockets also used in the Palestinian National Authority areas.