The Maldives is a melting pot of different cultures with settlers from Asia, Africa and Europe influencing the local music and dance, cuisine and customs. Lazing blissfully in the Indian Ocean, The Maldives are a beautiful collection of 1,190 coral islands, fringed with white sand beach and warm turquoise waters. The scenery here is pure paradise with swaying palm trees, colourful coral reef and the softest of strands. The climate is blissful with year round sunshine and average temperatures around 29 – 32 degrees ºC. The choice of resorts varies from pure luxury to out-and-out indulgence, making it the ideal choice for a deluxe honeymoon or holiday of a lifetime.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on 01 241 0800 or email email@example.com.
- Diving in The Maldives: The Maldives is famous for the quality of its dive sites and every resort in the Maldives caters for scubadivers. International certificates of all types are accepted, with options to complete more advanced courses and gain new qualifications such as night diving, rescue diving and underwater photography. In addition, there are well-equipped dive schools in every resort for those wishing to learn to dive.
- Currency: Maldives Rufiyaa (MVR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €3.50 - €5
- Bottle of Wine: €10
- 3 Course meal: €3 - €10
- Time Difference is GMT: + 5 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Male (MLE)
- Flight duration: 11 hours 20 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: Dhivehi
- Climate: Tropical climate with mild monsoons
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type A, type D, type G, type J, type K and type L are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to the Maldives must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Hepatitis, Tetanus, Typhoid & Polio are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.