Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Tasmania is a place of beautiful native landscapes, clean air and pure water, natural wilderness, delicious local food and wine, friendly locals, and a rich and unique history. Located 240 km off the south coast of Australia, it is surrounded by the Bass Strait, Southern Ocean and Tasman Sea. It has something for everyone, with plenty of activities for the active and adventurous, there are also a multitude of sights and entertainment options for those who like to relax. It is easy to drive around and a pleasure to explore at your own pace with a wide variety of accommodation options to choose from.
Tasmania is famous for its dramatic coastlines, rugged mountains, tall forests and clear highland lakes. Over a third of the state is covered by National Parks and the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, which serve as a refuge and habitat for rare plants and animals. This makes Tasmania an ideal destination for lovers of the great outdoors and meeting the famed Tasmanian Devil in his natural habitat is a must-do.
There are quaint and charming towns and villages, rich in history and atmosphere, just aching to be explored. Use them as a gateway to the national parks of stunning natural scenery and interesting activities.
Discover Launceston, Cradle Mountain & Hobart on one our recommended self-drive itineraries or ask our experienced Aussie Specialists to organise the perfect itinerary for you.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Discover Launceston, Cradle Mountain & Hobart on one of our recommended self-drive itineraries or ask our experienced Aussie Specialists to organise the perfect itinerary for you.
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1.50 - €3
- Bottle of Beer: €3 - €7
- Bottle of Wine: from €8 - €16
- 3 Course meal: €18 - €40
- Time Difference is GMT: + 10 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Hobart (HBA)
- Flight duration: 20 hours 50 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English
- Climate: Varied region to region. North – Tropical climate. Southwest – Mediterranean climate. Southeast – Temperate climate.
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type I are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): Yes
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Australia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Hepatitis B -please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.