Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
China is a land of incredible contrasts, a place where startling evidence of its historic past jostles for prominence with its modern aspirations. The combination of China's natural beauty, a heritage spanning 5,000 years of history and culture, mouth-watering cuisineand highly modern cities will amaze you. Experience the friendliness and the hospitality of the people that cannot be matched anywhere else in the world. Enjoy a truly enriching holiday featuring breathtaking scenery, rich historical sites, awe-inspiring icons and colourful folklore.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- The Yangtze: Cruise the third longest river in the world and discover its legendary landscape as well as the beautiful Three Gorges and the controversial Three Gorges Dam. Spanning the Yangtze River at Yichang, construction of the dam began in 1994 and it will be the largest hydroelectric dam in the world when completed in 2009. The reservoir will occupy the present position of the scenic Three Gorges area so now is the time to visit before many valuable archaeological and cultural sites are lost forever.
- Currency: Chinese Yuan (CNY)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1 - €1.50
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50 - €4.50
- Bottle of Wine: €15 - €20
- 3 Course meal: €15 per person
- Time Difference is GMT: + 8 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Languages: Chinese
- Climate: Varies significantly from region to region
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin and CEE 7/16 Europlug are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): Yes - required prior to departure.
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to China must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Malaria, Hepatitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.