Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
We have two distinctly different tours operating within South Africa - all geared to providing you with a very unique perspective of this wonderful country of ours. The 18-Day Overland Explorer offers a meander from Johannesburg to Cape Town via the 'scenic route' taking in the splendours of the Lowveld - including our own Balule Bush Camp, Kruger National Park, Swaziland, northern Zululand and then swinging inland through the wonderful Free State Highlands before entering the Karoo en-route to Cape Town. The 5-Day Kruger Park Safari is tailor-made for those wanting a wonderful taste of our renowned bushveld, Drifters style. Lots of games, and lots of exquisite scenery courtesy of the Mpumalanga Lowveld with quaint, historic towns, majestic waterfalls and ancient mountain ranges.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: South Africa Rand (ZAR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50
- Bottle of Wine: From €10
- 3 Course meal: €15 - €30
- Time Difference is GMT: + 2 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Johannesburg (JNB)
- Flight duration: 12 hours 15 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Zulu
- Climate: Varied across the country but generally a temperate climate
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Europlug 2 pin and type M 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to South Africa must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Malaria, Hepatitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.