Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Cambodia is an ancient land with a fascinating range of cultural and historical rarities including famous Temples and Angkor Wat. Situated outside the town of Sien Reap, the Angkor temple Complex is the biggest tourist site in Cambodia. Built by the Khmer civilisation between 802 and 1220 AD, the ancient temples represent one of mankind’s most remarkable architectural achievements. UNESCO protected, these World heritage structures consist of a series of sites featuring numerous temple structures. Besides Angkor Wat itself, there are several significant must see sites, including Angkor Thom and Bayon, the Elephant Terraces, Leper King Terrace and the Royal Palace area. We highly recommend a visit to Phnom Bakheng in the evening time – climb to the summit and enjoy the spectacular sunset view over the surrounding area. In addition, a journey into the countryside will provide an interesting insight into local life in Cambodia and a cruise on Tonie Sap Lake gives you a great perspective on rural life in this intriguing country.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Cambodian Riel (KHR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €0.50 - €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50
- Bottle of Wine: €5 - €10
- 3 Course meal: €5 - €10
- Time Difference is GMT: + 7 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Phnom Penh (PNH)
- Flight duration: 13 hours 20 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 30 minutes
- Languages: Khmer
- Climate: Tropical wet and tropical dry
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type A, type C and type G are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): Yes
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Cambodia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Rabies, Hepatitis B, Diphtheria, Tuberculosis, Japanese B Encephalitis, Meningococcal Meningitis, Malaria are recommended - please consult your GP
- These prices are given as a guide only.