Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
The Island of Borneo is divided into 4 states, Malaysian Sabah & Sarawak, the independent state of Brunei and the Indonesian state of Kalimantan. The Joe Walsh Tours programme concentrates on the beautiful state of Sabah in Malaysian Borneo home to the Orang-utan and one of only two natural habitats for this beautiful endangered species. Sabah is a paradise for botanists, divers, mountaineers and just about anyone who wants to be close to nature.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- 2 Centre Holidays: Combine a beach holiday in one of our top resorts with a few days retail therapy in the capital Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Airlines fly direct to Langkawi and Penang 2 days a week and return from Kuala Lumpur, providing the perfect opportunity for an ideal beach and city holiday!
- Currency: Malaysia Ringgit (MHR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €5 - €20
- 3 Course meal: €2 - €10
- Time Difference is GMT: + 8 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Kota Kinabalu (BKI)
- Flight duration: 14 hours approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: Malaysian, English
- Climate: Tropical/Equatorial
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type C, type G and type M are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Malaysia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A,- in some areas Malaria are recommended -please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.