Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Kuala Lumpur – KL to its friends – is more than just a capital city: it is a monument to Malaysian ingenuity and determination. From humble beginnings as a tin-mining shanty town, KL has evolved into a 21st-century metropolis, dominated by the tallest skyscrapers in Southeast Asia and flush with the proceeds of international trade and commerce... KL is Malaysia's buzzing capital, where the architecture varies from the elegant colonial buildings of Merdeka Square to the modern skyscrapers, with a constant infusion of Asian style.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- 2 Centre Holidays: Combine a beach holiday in one of our top resorts with a few days retail therapy in the capital Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Airlines fly direct to Langkawi and Penang 2 days a week and return from Kuala Lumpur, providing the perfect opportunity for an ideal beach and city holiday!
- Currency: Malaysia Ringgit (MHR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €5 - €20
- 3 Course meal: €2 - €10
- Time Difference is GMT: + 8 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Flight duration: 14 hours 10 approximately
- Transfer time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Languages: Malaysian, English
- Climate: Tropical/Equatorial
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type C, type G and type M are used
- Visa (Irish citizens):No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Malaysia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A,- in some areas Malaria are recommended -please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.