Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Lying in peaceful seclusion in the Indian Ocean, Mauritius is the ultimate paradise island. Of volcanic origin, its jungle-clad mountains sweep down to wide sugar plantations, with miles of pure white sand beaches and coral lagoons. It is 45km in width and 65km in length and boasts 300km of picturesque coastline. It provides the perfect setting for an idyllic holiday and gives you the chance to truly relax and appreciate stunning natural beauty and an unspoilt environment.
Situated approximately 2000km off the south-eastern coast of Africa, astride the Tropic of Capricorn, Mauritius boasts a gentle Southern Indian Ocean climate with soft balmy trade winds and continuous sunshine. Its coral reefs form natural, safe, crystal clear lagoons for blissful bathing.
This tropical island paradise has it all and offers excellent golf and watersports to suit the active and adventurous. But if you prefer to relax and unwind, the laid back and charming atmosphere is ideal for those in search of a relaxing holiday.
Mauritius is a delightful blend of diverse cultures and religions with the local population consisting of Hindu, Creole, Chinese, Muslim and European extraction. This is reflected in the delicious local cuisine giving you the opportunity to sample the unique fusion of a multitude of flavours, styles and taste sensations. Mauritius is renowned for its selection of luxury hotels, which offer fabulous accommodation, excellent facilities and first class service. It is a popular destination for Weddings and Honeymoons in the sun, with a variety of options available to make your big day uniquely special. If you would like to get married under the blissful Mauritius Sun, why not contact our Wedding Specialists who can advise you on the most suitable Wedding Package to suit your dreams and budget.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Shopping: There is a diverse array of shopping opportunities in Mauritius, from traditional handicrafts in picturesque markets to duty free shopping in modern complexes.
- Central Market: Built in 1844 the charming Port-Louis central market has all the ingredients that help to create the charm of Mauritius: local crafts, vegetables, famous dholl purris as well as herbal tea sellers.
- Chinatown: Enjoy a visit to the picturesque Chinatown in the capital, Port Louis, browse the stalls and soak up the atmosphere.
- Currency: Mauritian Rupee (MUR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €5
- 3 Course meal: €6 - €25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 4 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Mauritius (MRU)
- Flight duration: 13 hours 30 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 1 hour
- Languages: English, French
- Climate: Tropical climate. Best time to travel May to November
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets CEE 7/16 Europlug 2 pin and G Type 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Mauritus must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Hepatitis, Tetanus, Typhoid & Polio are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.