Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Puerto Vallarta is the largest town in the immense Bahía de Banderas resort area (one hour 10 minutes by air from Mexico City). It is situated on the Bahía de Banderas, which is the largest natural bay in Mexico. There are a hundred miles of coastline with many sandy beaches and facilities for parasailing, shooting, scuba diving, sailboarding, fishing, golf and tennis. Boat trips provide opportunities to explore the coast. For the visitor who would relish the experience of journeying in a dugout canoe, there is the chance to visit Yelapa, a Polynesian-style village which cannot be visited in any other way. The mountains behind the bay may be explored on horseback. Charreadas, uniquely Mexican rodeos, are held at certain times of the year. Amongst the smaller resorts are San Blas, Barra de Navidad and Zihuatanejo.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXB) | The US dollar is widely accepted
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1 - €3
- Bottle of Wine: from €5 - €10
- 3 Course meal: €10 - €15
- Time Difference is GMT: - 6 hours - Daylight savings +1 hour, April to October
- Airports: Puerto Valla (PVR)
- Flight duration: 11 hours 20 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 20 minutes
- Languages: Spanish
- Climate: Varied climate. Temperate above the 24th parallel, tropical below it
- Voltage: 127V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin and USA 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Mexico must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Diphtheria & Rabies - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.