Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Enjoy a captivating array of scenic splendour, well-managed game reserves, historic battlefields, traditional art and crafts, magnificent beaches and the legacy of Shaka Zulu.
KwaZulu-Natal is an enchanting region, home to the Kingdom of Zululand and the scene of many historic battles. There is much to discover here, including exciting battle sites, museums, monuments and cultural villages where you can experience traditional Zulu culture. Nature lovers will love KwaZulu-Natal, enjoy the wide sandy beaches of the Dolphin Coast, where schools of playful Bottlenose Dolphins are regularly seen. Explore the seaside towns and discover the attractions off the beaten track. The Elephant Coast is a true gem, one of South Africa's most beautiful and unspoilt areas, it is home to an incredible 21 different eco-systems.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: South Africa Rand (ZAR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50
- Bottle of Wine: From €10
- 3 Course meal: €15 - €30
- Time Difference is GMT: + 2 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Durban (DUR)
- Flight duration: 12 hours 45 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Zulu
- Climate: Varied across the country but generally a temperate climate
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Europlug 2 pin and type M 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to South Africa must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Malaria, Hepatitis are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.