Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
St. Lucia is one of the most scenic islands in the Caribbean providing the perfect island getaway in glorious surroundings; its beautiful coastline is overlooked by volcanic peaks, while dense jungle canopies its remote valleys. One of the Windward Islands, St Lucia is located in the middle of the Eastern Caribbean chain of islands, approximately 90 miles northwest of Barbados. It is 27 miles long, 14 miles wide and enjoys a scenic landscape of beautiful sandy beaches, glossy banana plantations high mountains and luxuriant rainforest.
There is a multitude of adventure activities awaiting you in St. Lucia, including diving, snorkelling, sailing, yachting, windsurfing, hiking and trail riding. After your action packed adventures you might like to relax in a spa or have an indulgent massage at any of the modern world-class facilities on the island.
One of St Lucia’s most famous sights are the twin volcanic peaks of Pitons, these stunning landmarks rise regally from the turquoise sea and are breathtaking in their majesty. Another must-see sight is the La Soufriére volcano with its bubbling sulphur springs, rich in minerals – why not take a dip in its therapeutic waters and ease away the stress of daily life.
Evening entertainment is fairly quiet here and is mainly concentrated in the hotels or small restaurants and night spots. In St. Lucia the emphasis is on kicking back and chilling out while enjoying stunning natural beauty, superb cuisine and the excellent company of your companions.
While year after year St Lucia proves to be one of the most popular honeymoon and romantic holiday destinations worldwide, it is also a great spot for the family with many hotels offering excellent facilities for children.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Gros Inlet: A lively night out takes place every Friday night at the "Jump Up" in Gros Inlet. This big street party features live music, delicious local barbeque stands and lots of booty shaking!
- Shopping: The 100-year old Castries market is a must-visit, here local vendors sell handicrafts and souvenirs, spices and foods, and local fishermen offer their daily catch. There are numerous duty-free shopping opportunities in Castries with designer perfumes, crystal, china, jewellery and cigars offering good value.
- Currency: East Caribbean or US dollar (USD)
- Glass of Coca Cola: € 1
- Bottle of Beer: €2
- Bottle of Wine: from €15
- 3 Course meal: €30 - €70
- Time Difference is GMT: - 4 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Hewanorra (UVF)
- Flight duration: 21 hours 30 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Languages: English
- Climate: Hot tropical climate.
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets G Type 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to St. Lucia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Hepatitis, Polio & Typhoid are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.