Cha-Am and Hua Hin
Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
If you are in search of a quiet getaway then the exclusive resorts Cha-Am and Hua Hin are ideal. A long-time favourite with Thai royalty and Aristocracy since the 1920's, these seaside fishing villages have only recently been discovered by Irish holidaymakers. The neighbouring towns are situated on the Gulf of Thailand, just over 2 hours’ drive south of Bangkok. The tranquil atmosphere and superior facilities provide for a relaxing retreat in upmarket surroundings.
Some of the most beautiful beaches in Thailand are located here, with clear blue seas and postcard perfect white sands. Cha-Am, the quieter of the two resorts, boasts Thailand’s longest white sand beach. There are plenty of cultural excursions and day trips when you feel like taking time out from lounging and relaxing. Discover the ancient shrines and religious artefacts or embark on an exciting elephant back jungle trek.
Golfers will love Hua Hin and Cha-Am, with a number of world-class golf courses these two resort areas provide a good alternative to the bright lights and hectic pace of Pattaya. The world famous night market at Hua Hin is well worth a visit, it features a large selection of imitation designer goods as well as excellent handicrafts at bargain prices.
Hua Hin and Cha-Am are also perfect for an idyllic honeymoon; enjoy romantic evenings in small beach restaurants, lazy days on perfect beaches and top class facilities in a choice of excellent modern resort hotels.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Thai Baht (TBH)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.20 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €20
- 3 Course meal: €8 - €20
- Time Difference is GMT: + 7 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Suvarnabhumi (BKK)
- Flight duration: 12 hours 45 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Languages: Thai
- Climate: Hot & humid tropical climate
- Voltage: 220V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin, USA 3 pin and Europlug 2 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Thailand must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A&B, in some areas Malaria are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.