Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
The Victoria Falls is the largest curtain of water in the world at 1,708m wide and between 90m and 107m high. An average of 550,000 m of the Zambezi River crashes down over the edge every minute into the Batoka Gorge, providing a truly awesome sight.
A trip to the awesome world heritage listed Victoria Falls is a popular extension to your South African holiday. Separating Zimbabwe from Zambia, it is a destination in itself and is truly one of the most spectacular natural wonders of the world.
The Victoria Falls is the largest curtain of water in the world at 1,708m wide and between 90m and 107m high. An average of 550,000 m3 of the Zambezi River crashes down over the edge every minute into the Batoka Gorge, providing a truly awesome sight.There is a huge choice of activities available to enhance your Vic Falls experience, from white water rafting and kayaking the Zambezi to spectacular helicopter flights offering breathtaking views of the Falls.
Our accommodation is located on the Zambian side of The Falls, in top-class hotels providing stunning vistas of The Falls and surrounding bush. Facilities are excellent, activities are easily accessed and levels of service second to none.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Zambian Kwacha (ZMK)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1 - €2
- Bottle of Wine: €6 - €16
- 3 Course meal: €14 - €25
- Time Difference is GMT: + 2 hours (No daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Lusaka (LUN)
- Flight duration: 10 hours 40 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: English, Nyanja,Bemba and Nyanja are the main languages. There are a total of 73 languages spoken in Zambia
- Climate: Mostly a tropical climate, varies with elevation.
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type C Euro 2 pin, type D 3 pin and type G 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Zambia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Poliomyelitis, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Meningococcal Meningitis, Tuberculosis, Diphtheria, Malaria are recommended - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.