This tour is for the wine lovers! Enjoy 3 nights in the wine capital of France, Bordeaux, where you will visit a vineyard in the Medoc region and take a fantastic Wine Tour Train (1hr 20 tour and tasting). As you leave this beautiful city, you will make a stop at both Biarritz and San Sebastian. We will then make our way to Pamplona, where you will spend 4 nights. Pamplona is the capital of Navarre province in northern Spain and is best known for the running of the bulls (the Feast of San Fermín) in July. Spend some time taking in the Old Town, with its medieval walls and make sure to pay a visit to the old citadel, which was built by Philip II of Spain in 1571, and the Vuelta del Castillo Park. Pamplona is also famous for its food, so go explore the many pintxos bars throughout the city to sample the delectable cuisine!
Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Bordeaux
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel with guide assistance
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Bordeaux
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Pamplona
- Daily breakfast and 4 evening meals served at hotels
- Luxury air-conditioned coach for all transfers
- Transfer from your hotel in Pamplona to Lourdes airport for return flight
- Direct flight from Lourdes to Dublin
- Day 1: 2nd September 2020
Fly from Dublin to Bordeaux. On arrival at Bordeaux airport, there will be a coach waiting to transfer you to your hotel in Bordeaux. Overnight and dinner in Bordeaux.
- Day 2: 3rd September 2020
Today you will embark on a full day tour of the Bordeaux area. In the morning, you will visit a vineyard in the Medoc region for wine tasting. It is a region of coastal lagoons, sand dunes and pine forests, producing four of the world’s most prestigious wine villages: Pauillac, Margaux, Saint-Estephe and Saint-Julien. You will then continue on to the charming medieval village of St Emilion for lunch, where you will learn about the monk after which the town is named. After lunch, you will take a fantastic Wine Tour Train (1hr 20 tour and tasting). After your time in St Emilion you will return to Bordeaux where dinner is included that evening at your hotel.
- Day 3: 4th September 2020
Today you will have a free day to explore the beautiful city Bordeaux. Situated on the banks of the Garonne, Bordeaux has always been a prominent city, dating back to the 3rd century BC. Nowadays it is known for its Parisian glamour, 18th century buildings and of course, wine! It is a very enjoyable city to explore on foot; there are plenty of wide boulevards, squares, quaint cobbled streets and the waterfront promenade to wander around You might pay a visit to the world class museum, Cite du Vin, which showcases the city’s long history with the wine trade and gives you an insight into the wineries and vineyards of Bordeaux and beyond. Or you might explore the Place de la Bourse and see the Water Mirror, or take in the Quais de Bordeaux by the river. Bordeaux has an excellent food scene, with many Michelin starred restaurants, so why not take the opportunity to explore and find a restaurant of your choice for dinner on this evening. Overnight in Bordeaux.
- Day 4: 5th September 2020
Today we will drive to Biarritz for a morning visit and then continue to San Sebastian. Here, you'll have free time for lunch and sightseeing. As well as being famous for its cuisine, San Sebastian has a number of interesting sights that could be visited in an afternoon, such as the historically significant Ayutamiento de San Sebastian, the Museo del San Telmo or the Catedral de Buen Pastor. You will then continue on to Pamplona, where you will enjoy dinner (included) and spend the next 4 nights in Hotel Maisonnave. Pamplona is the capital of Navarre province in northern Spain and is best known for the running of the bulls (the Feast of San Fermín) in July.
- Day 5: 6th September 2020
Enjoy a half day tour of Pamplona in the morning, and you will have the afternoon free to wander this stunning city at your own pace, or simply relax in the hotel. Perhaps spend some time taking in the Old Town, with its medieval walls and make sure to pay a visit to the old citadel, which was built by Philip II of Spain in 1571, and the Vuelta del Castillo Park. Pamplona is famous for its food, so this evening we have not included dinner so you can explore the many restaurants and pintxos bars throughout the city and sample the delectable cuisine. Overnight in Pamplona.
- Day 6: 7th September 2020
Full day tour to Bilbao. Following your guided tour of the city in the morning, you will enjoy some free time to explore the city at your own pace. You may wish to pay a visit to the world famous Guggenheim, built in 1997, or explore the Seven Streets in Bilbao’s Casco Viejo, the oldest part of the city. For lunch (not included), you might check out the Mercado de la Ribera, which is Bilbao’s largest food hall, full of fresh ham, cheese, wine and fish. If you are looking for something totally different, discover the Azkuna Ventroa, an old wine warehouse which has been transformed into a creative cultural and leisure space, including a rooftop swimming pool! We will be leaving Bilbao at approximately 4pm to make our way back to Pamplona. Upon return, we have included dinner at your hotel. Overnight in Pamplona.
- Day 7: 8th September 2020
You will have your last day free to explore the city further, or you may want to go further afield. Our representative on the ground can give you advice on nearby locations to visit. Dinner is not included on this evening. Overnight in Pamplona.
- Day 8: 9th September 2020
This morning you will check out of the hotel after breakfast and be taken for a stunning drive through the Pyrenees to Lourdes, from where you will fly home to Dublin.
- Group airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Direct, return flights from Dublin
- Daily breakfast served at hotels
- Dinner included on 4 days
- 10kg hand luggage & 15kg checked for flights
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges
- Passengers are entitled to check in one standard piece of luggage subject to airline’s conditions
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement of €280
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required for booking
- A buy on board catering system is available on flights
- Licenced as a Tour Operator and Travel Agent by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in compliance with UK & European regulations. T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689