This itinerary presents a refreshing mix of both city and nature. Spending 3 nights in the lively city of Munich and 4 nights in the lakeside town of Konstanz, you will enjoy the best of both worlds! During your time in Munich you will take in the stunning architecture of this fabulous city along with a visit to the Deutsche Museum, and during your time at the lake, we have included a ferry cruise and brewery tour.
Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Munich
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel with guide assistance
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in AWA Hotel, Munich
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Ibis Hotel Konstanz, Konstanz
- Daily breakfast served at hotels and 4 x evening meals served at the hotel or local restaurants
- Luxury air-conditioned coach for all transfers
- Transfer from your hotel to Zurich or Basel airport for return flight
- Direct flight from Zurich or Basel to Dublin
- DAY 1: Arrival at Munich (10th October 2020)
Make your way to the airport for your flight to Munich. On arrival at Munich airport, you will take a private coach transfer to your hotel, where you’ll spend the next 3 nights. We have included dinner on this first evening over which you will have a chance to get to know your fellow travellers.
- DAY 2: Munich (11th October 2020)
Enjoy a guided walking tour of Munich’s centre to see the Marienplatz Square with town hall or Viktualienmarkt and marvel at the beautiful architecture of Bavaria’s capital. In the afternoon, you’ll visit the Deutsche Museum – the world’s largest museum of science and technology with 28,000 exhibited objects. Discuss your impression of Munich with your group members during dinner that evening, which is also included.
- DAY 3: Munich (12th October 2020)
Take a day to yourself to further explore Munich. You might visit the English Gardens, one of the largest city parks in the world, where you can watch some surfers on the Isar River. Or visit one of the bustling neighbourhoods outside the centre such as Schwabing. We have not included dinner on this evening as you make wish to find a good spot there, or simply head to the Hofbräuhaus where you’ll surely get one of the 1700 available seats.
- DAY 4: Transfer to Lake Constance (13th October 2020)
On your way to Lake Constance, you will stop at the world famous Neuschwanstein Castle for a guided visit. You will be astonished by the extravagance and splendour of King Ludwig II’s most ambitious endeavour. Head on to the island town of Lindau for lunch (not included). Make sure to spot the lighthouse on the harbour entrance and enjoy the view across the lakes to the Alps. After lunch, you’ll drive along the shores of the lake for about one hour before boarding a ferry in Meersburg that will take you to the town of Konstanz where you will check into your hotel for the next 4 nights. After your days of touring you will be happy to hear we have dinner included for you at the hotel.
- DAY 5: Konstanz (14th October 2020)
Walk across the River Rhine which flows out of the lake next to your hotel and join a city orientation tour of Konstanz. Don’t forget to carry your passport along as you might accidently walk into Switzerland without realizing! Take the rest of the day to explore Konstanz on your own and pick the restaurant of your choice for dinner (not included).
- DAY 6: Day trip into the Black Forest and along the Rhine River (15th October 2020)
Return to the coach for the day to explore some natural highlights. Your trip will take you past the Hohentwiel fortress to the Rothaus Brewery in the Black Forest. Take a tour through Germany’s highest brewery, which is 1000m above sea level and try one of their famous Zäpfle beers. At Lake Schluchsee you have plenty of lunch options with a view of the Black Forest’s largest reservoir before heading on to St. Blaise’s Cathedral, which will surprise you with its sheer size. On the way back to Konstanz you will follow the Rhine River to visit the spectacular Rhine Falls. Make a final stop in the medieval town of Stein am Rhein before returning to Konstanz for an included group dinner.
- DAY 7: Konstanz (16th October 2020)
Enjoy a free day at Lake Constance to explore the beauty of Germany’s largest lake. You can make your own way to the floral island of Mainau by bus or boat and walk through the colourful gardens of the island. You can also take a boat to one of the many towns along the German, Swiss and Austrian shores of the lake. Choose your own restaurant for dinner (not included) on the last night on the lake.
- DAY 8: Departure (17th October 2020)
Your coach will take you to Zurich airport for your return to Dublin
- Group airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Direct, return flights from Dublin
- Daily breakfast served at hotels and 4 x evening meals served at the hotel
- 10kg hand luggage & 20kg checked for flights
- Guided city tour of Munich
- Visit to Deutsches Museum
- Entrance to Neuschwanstein Castle
- Ferry to Konstanz
- Walking Tour of Konstanz
- Dinner included on 4 days
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges
- Passengers are entitled to check in one standard piece of luggage subject to airline’s conditions
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement of €40 per night
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required for booking
- A buy on board catering system is available on flights
- Licenced as a Tour Operator and Travel Agent by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in compliance with UK & European regulations. T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689