Enjoy the fairytale city of Prague for 2 nights before transferring to Salzburg. Explore the beautiful birthplace of Mozart and the setting for The Sound of Music for 2 nights. Upper Bavaria is the last stop before reaching Oberammergau for the main event!
Transport & Accommodation
- Return flights from Dublin (flying to Prague, returning from Munich)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Prague
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Salzburg
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Upper Bavaria
- 1 night hotel accommodation Oberammergau
- Daily breakfast and evening meal served at hotels or local restaurants
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WC for all transfers
- DAY 1 – 2: Prague
Make your way to the airport for your flight to Prague. On arrival at Prague airport, you will get private coach transfer to your hotel, where you’ll spend the next 2 nights. On the 2nd day, enjoy a city tour of Prague and some free time afterwards. Explore the fairytale city of Prague including Charles Bridge and the Castle, the largest castle complex in the world.
- DAY 3: Transfer to Salzburg
On your way from Prague to Salzburg you will stop in Český Krumlov for independent lunch (not included) and some free time.
- DAY 4: Salzburg
In Salzburg, you will have a guided city tour along the baroque and medieval buildings and see Mozart’s birthplace. Afterwards, enjoy some free time in the city. Salzburg offers plenty of options for your free time. Head to Hohensalzburg Fortress or Salzburg Cathedral.
- DAY 5: Lake Königssee and Upper Bavaria
Depart Salzburg for Lake Königssee where you will take the boat to the pilgrimage church of St. Bartholomä and enjoy group lunch (included) with an incredible view. In the afternoon, you will drive to your hotel in Upper Bavaria.
- DAY 6: Upper Bavaria
Enjoy a free day in Upper Bavaria. Experience a German beer garden or simply enjoy the quietness of the rural surroundings.
- DAY 7: Oberammergau Passion Play
On the day of the Passion Play, you will be transferred to your hotel in the Oberammergau area for an early lunch (included). The rest of your day is dedicated to the Passion Play. The history of the Passion Play begins in 1633, when the people of Oberammergau decided to act out the play once every 10 years. Read all about the history (past and present) of Oberammergau on our blog here.
- DAY 8: Return
You will be transferred from your hotel to the airport for your flight back home.
- Passion Play ticket (Category 1)
- Direct, return flights from Dublin
- Half board accommodation - dinner at hotels or local restaurants
- Air conditioned coach with WC throughout
- Guided city tour of Prague
- Guided city tour of Salzburg
- Boat trip and lunch to the pilgrimage church of St. Bartholomä on Lake Königssee
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges
- Passengers are entitled to check in one standard piece of luggage subject to airline’s conditions
- Single rooms are available on request
- A non-refundable deposit of €400 is required for booking
- Itinerary subject to change
- Germany and Austria use Euro, while the Czech Republic uses Czeck koruna (CZK) as currency. Make sure to be familiar with the exchange rate when travelling.
- Licensed as a Tour Operator and Travel Agent by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in compliance with UK & European regulations. T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689