Spend 2 nights in Germany's oldest university town, Heidelberg, before moving on to explore the mystic Black Forest region, best known for its spas and cuckoo clocks! Having discovered Germany's largest lake, Lake Constance, you will spend your final night in Oberammergau for the Passion Play.
Transport & Accommodation
- Return flights from Dublin (flying to Frankfurt, returning from Munich)
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Heidelberg
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in the Black Forest
- 2 nights hotel accommodation at Lake Constance
- 1 night hotel accommodation Oberammergau
- Daily breakfast and evening meal served at hotels or local restaurants
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WC for all transfers
- DAY 1 – 2: Heidelberg
Make your way to the airport for your flight to Frankfurt. On arrival at Frankfurt airport, you will get a private coach transfer to your hotel in Heidelberg, where you’ll spend the next 2 nights. On the second day, you will have the opportunity to independently explore Heidelberg, Germany’s oldest university town.
- DAY 3: Transfer to Black Forest
On your way from Heidelberg to your hotel in the Black Forest, you will stop in Freiburg. There you will visit the market taking place every day on the large square surrounding Freiburg’s cathedral. Being one of the largest daily farmer’s markets in Europe, you can gaze at the large selection of produce from the warmest part of Germany. Transfer to your hotel in the Black Forest.
- DAY 4: Titisee and the Black Forest
Enjoy a Black Forest Panorama Tour towards Titisee. The tour will take you past beautiful St. Blaise’s Cathedral, the St. Peter monastery and the municipality of St. Märgen, which is famous for its very good and clear air. The tour also includes a cake tasting of the iconic Black Forest cake. After the tour arrives in Titisee, you will have some free time there to explore the area along the lakeshore.
- DAY 5: Transfer to Lake Constance
On your way from the Black Forest to Lake Constance you will visit Mainau Island, known as the Flower Island which boasts colourful gardens and calls itself home to the second largest butterfly house in Germany. After following the lakeshore for about 60km you will reach Bregenz, Austria, where you will spend the next two nights.
- DAY 6: Lake Constance
Enjoy a full day of free time in the scenic city of Bregenz at Lake Constance. Take a walk along the lakeshore or explore the city’s many sights. You might also take a boat to other towns along the German, Swiss or Austrians shores of Lake Constance.
- DAY 7: Oberammergau Passion Play
From Bregenz you will be transferred to your hotel in the Oberammergau area for an early lunch (included). Afterwards, spend your final night watching the Passion Play. The history of the Passion Play begins in 1633, when the people of Oberammergau decided to act out the play once every 10 years. Read all about the history (past and present) of Oberammergau on our blog here.
- DAY 8: Return
You will be transferred from your hotel to Munich airport for your flight back home.
- Passion Play ticket (Category 1)
- Direct, return flights from Dublin
- Half board accommodation - dinner at hotels or local restaurants
- Air conditioned coach with WC throughout
- Black Forest Panorama Tour
- Entrance fee to Mainau Island
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges
- Passengers are entitled to check in one standard piece of luggage subject to airline’s conditions
- Single rooms are available on request
- A non-refundable deposit of €400 is required for booking
- Itinerary subject to change
- Licensed as a Tour Operator and Travel Agent by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in compliance with UK & European regulations. T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689