Departing from Dublin, this unmissable trip will only occur every 10 years, which is when the Oberammergau Passion Play occurs! You will begin your trip by transferring directly to Oberammergau by private coach, where you will witness the 42nd production of the world famous Passion Play on the second day of your tour. Explore Bad Gögging, where you will stay in a hotel located right next to the thermal baths; Limes Thermes. Enjoy two free days at leisure to explore Bad Gögging where there is Weltenburg Abbey (founded by Irish monks) on the banks of the Danube and the Kuchlbauer observation tower in the neighbouring village of Abensberg. On your final day you will make your way back to Munich for your flight home to Dublin.
Transport & Accommodation
- Direct return flights from Dublin to Munich
- Private coach on all transfers
- 2 nights’ accommodation in 4 star hotel in the Oberammergau region
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Spa hotel The Monarch in Bad Gögging
- Day 1 | Oberammergau
Direct morning flight from Dublin to Munich. Private coach transfer to your hotel in the Oberammergau region. Check-in at hotel. Free afternoon to explore the area. Dinner at hotel.
- Day 2 | Oberammergau
Free morning. Transfer to Oberammergau for included lunch. Witness the Oberammergau Passion Play in its 42nd season. Dinner during intermission. Return by private coach to your hotel.
- Day 3 | Bad Gögging
Check out of your hotel in the Oberammergau region. Private coach transfer to Bad Gögging. Your hotel is situated right next to the thermal baths Limes Therme. Bad Gögging offers fantastic public transportation to explore the region on your free days. Check-in at Hotel Monarch. Dinner at hotel.
- Days 4 - 5 | Bad Gögging
2 free days in Bad Gögging. Suggested excursions: Weltenburg Abbey (founded by Irish monks) on the banks of the Danube to be reached by public bus in about 40 minutes; visit the Kuchlbauer observation tower in the neighbouring village of Abensberg; spend time at the thermal baths. Dinners at hotel.
- Day 6 | Departure
Check out of your hotel and visit the city of Munich for half a day before driving to Munich Airport. Return to Dublin on an evening flight.
- 5 breakfasts and 5 evening meals served at accommodation or local restaurants
- Passion Play tickets in Category 1
- Daily mass at local churches
- Price per person sharing twin or treble rooms with private facilities
- Airport taxes, charges and government levies as published at the time of this proposal are included
- Passengers are entitled to carry one piece of hand luggage and a 15kg checked bag subject to airline’s conditions
- A buy on board catering service is available on flights
- Single rooms are very limited and only available upon request
- A €300 per person non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking
- Not included: admission to Museums, Palaces, thermal baths, train tickets or other attractions not specifically listed as included
- Itinerary subject to change
- Licenced as a Tour Operator and Travel Agent by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in compliance with UK & European regulations. T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689