Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Naples
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel in Benevento with guide assistance
- 1 night accommodation in the Grand Italiano hotel in Benevento
- 3 nights’ accommodation in the Centro di Spiriualita hotel in San Giovanni Rotondo
- Daily breakfast and evening meal served at hotels (lunch included on day 1,3 & 4)
- Transfer from your hotel to Naples airport for return flight Naples to Dublin
Tours & Religious Programme
- Walking tour of Pietrelcina, birthplace of Padre Pio, visiting Padre Pio’s family home
- Visit to the church where Padre Pio was baptised and received his First Holy Communion
- Visit the main sights in San Giovanni Rotondo including the Capuchin Friary, the English Office, the Way of the Cross and the old and new churches
- Visit Monte Sant’ Angelo where the Archangel Michael appeared in the fifth century
- In the town of San Marco we visit St. Matthew’s Monastery
- Day 1: Monday 13 April
Depart Dublin Airport at approximately 07:20 hrs. Our Joe Walsh tours representative will meet us on arrival in Naples. Coach transfer to Benevento where we will check into the Grand Hotel Italiano and have lunch. After lunch, we visit Piana Romana and Pietrelcina the birthplace of Saint Pio. We visit St. Pio’s family home and the church of St. Anna where Padre Pio was baptised and received his First Holy Communion. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
- Day 2: Tuesday 14 April
This morning we visit the Cathedral in Benevento where Padre Pio was ordained. We then continue on to San Giovanni Rotondo where we stay in the Centro di Spiritualita hotel for three nights with breakfast lunch and dinner.
- Day 3: Wednesday 15 April
Today we visit the Capuchin Friary, the cell where Saint Pio lived and died, the crucifix before which he received the stigmata. We visit the old and new churches and the tomb of St. Pio We also visit the English Office, where we hear about the extraordinary life of Padre Pio.
Day 4: Thursday 16 April
This morning we revisit the shrine. After lunch we travel to the nearby town of San Marco in Lamis and visit St. Matthew’s monastery. We then continue to Monte Sant Angelo, the shrine in the cave where the Archangel Michael appeared in the fifth century. A long list of Saints and Popes have visited this cave to pray to the Archangel, among them St. Francis of Assisi, St Pio and St John Paul II. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Friday 17 April
Depart San Giovanni Rotondo for Naples airport and our flight home, arriving into Dublin at approximately 14.55 hrs.
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges totalling €90 per person
- Complimentary group travel insurance is provided free of charge for persons up to 85 years
an additional insurance premium of €29 is charged to persons aged 86 to 94 years
- Passengers are entitled to one piece of hand luggage (10kg per person) and a handbag subject to airline’s conditions; check in luggage is not included in price (15kg bag is €100)
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement of €30 per night.; sharing can be arranged
- Full assistance of Joe Walsh Tours representatives at airports is included
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required for booking
- Itinerary and flight details may be subject to change; E&OE
- The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 require us to provide security for the monies that you pay for the package holidays booked from us and for your repatriation in the event of our insolvency. As we are ATOL exempt from the 1st October, 2018, we have put the appropriate bonds in place which are regulated by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Dublin.