Enjoy all that the fairytale city of Prague has to offer for 3 nights, including Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral and the Old Town Square before transferring to the historic city of Bratislava on the banks of the River Danube. A ‘pedestrian only’ city, Bratislava is known for it’s lively cafes and bars! You will also have the opportunity to visit the Austrian capital, Vienna for a day trip where you will enjoy a morning guided tour of the city, to explore places such as the Hofburg, Belvedere Palace and St Stephen's Cathedral.
Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Prague
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel with guide assistance
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in 4 star Hotel Taurus, Prague
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in 4 star Hotel Saffron, Bratislava
- Daily breakfast and 4 x evening meals served at hotels
- Luxury air-conditioned coach for all transfers
- Transfer from your hotel to Bratislava or Vienna airport
- Direct flight from Bratislava or Vienna
- DAY 1
Make your way to Dublin airport for your flight to Prague. On arrival in Prague, you will meet your guide for the week and be transported from the airport to the city, where you’ll spend the next 3 nights. Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic and is nicknamed "the City of a Hundred Spires". Famous for its Old Town Square which is filled with colourful buildings, gothic churches and the Astronomical clock. Some of the city's most popular tourist attractions include; Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, the Old Town Square and much more.
Check in to your hotel, where you will spend the next 3 nights, the 4 star Hotel Taurus in Prague. Enjoy dinner in the hotel that evening.
- DAY 2
This morning, you will have a walking tour of the city, which will take in all of the best that Prague has to offer and exploring some of the top spots around the city! After your city tour you will have some free time to get some lunch (at own expense) before boarding a coach to go visit Karlštejn Castle. This Gothic Castle was founded in 1348, and was a place for safekeeping the Czech crown jewels, holy relics and other royal treasures. After your visit to the castle you will return to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Today you will have a free day to relax and further explore Prague and the region at your own pace. Our representative on the ground can give you advice on nearby locations to visit. Dinner is not included on this evening to allow you the opportunity to explore the numerous restaurant options in the city. Return to the hotel at your leisure for overnight.
- DAY 4
This morning you will check out of your Prague hotel after breakfast, and begin your journey to Bratislava. Our first stop of the day will see the group visit Kutna Hora in the morning, and Sedluc Ossary. This small Roman Catholic is known as the "Bone Church" as it is decorated with 40,000 human skeletons. During the 13th century, the Abbot of the Sedlec Monastery brought some earth back from the Grave of the Lord in Jerusalem and scattered it across the cemetery leading to people throughout the region wanting to be buried there.
It wasn't long before space filled up and bodies were moved to a crypt to make room for the newly dead. In 1870, František Rint was given the job of artistically arranging each of the bones inside Sedlec Ossuary and they've been there since.
The group will travel on to Brno where you will free time to get lunch and explore the city. Brno is most known for its modernist buildings, as well as Špilberk Castle which is home to a city museum, gardens and a former prison with vaulted tunnels. The Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul is also worth a visit for its amazing city views from the steeple. After Brno, you will drive on to visit the Macocha Abyss which will include a Cave Tour and boat ride in the caves. The Macocha Abyss is a sinkhole in the Moravian Karst cave system of the Czech Republic.
After your visit to the caves, you will then continue to Bratislava to check in to your 4 star hotel (Hotel Saffron) for 4 nights, and have dinner there that evening.
- DAY 5
This morning, you will have a guided tour of Bratislava to get a feel for the city. Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia and sits along the Danube River. Bratislava is surrounded by vineyards, the Little Carpathian mountains along with forested hiking and cycling trails. Bratislava is a pedestrian-only town and is known for its lively bars and cafes. Popular tourist attractions in Bratislava include; Bratislava Castle, St Martin's Cathedral, Michael's Gate and Presidential Palace. Individuals will then have an afternoon at leisure. Dinner is not included on this evening to allow you the opportunity to explore the numerous restaurant options in the city. Return to the hotel for overnight.
- DAY 6
Day trip to Vienna. Today you will travel the short distance to Vienna, capital of Austria. On arrival you will have a morning guided tour of the city, to explore places such as; the Hofburg, Belvedere Palace, St Stephen's Cathedral and Schönbrunn Palace. You will then spend the afternoon exploring at leisure before returning to your hotel in Bratislava in the evening for dinner in the hotel and to spend the night.
- DAY 7
Free day in Bratislava to relax and explore the city further. Our representative on the ground can give you advice on nearby locations to visit if you wish. Dinner is not included on this evening to allow you the opportunity to explore the numerous restaurant options in the city. Return that evening to your hotel in Bratislava for overnight.
- DAY 8
Today you will have some free time in the morning before you will check out and travel to the airport for your flight back to Dublin.
- Group airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Direct, return flights from Dublin
- Daily breakfast and 4 x evening meals served at hotels
- 10kg hand luggage & 20kg checked for flights
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges
- Passengers are entitled to check in one standard piece of luggage subject to airline’s conditions
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement of €280 (€40 per night)
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required for booking
- A buy on board catering system is available on flights
- Licenced as a Tour Operator and Travel Agent by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in compliance with UK & European regulations. T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689
- Slovakia and Austria use Euro, while the Czech Republic uses Czech koruna (CZK) as currency. Make sure to be familiar with the exchange rate when travelling.