Take a step back in history and explore the many famous WW2 battlefield sites located in France. This 4 day tour allows you to truly witness important historic events and get first hand experience. Explore Caen, Normandy and Bayeaux on this military themed fully escorted tour...
Transport & Accommodation
- Direct flight from Dublin to Paris
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel with guide assistance
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Caen
- Daily breakfast and 3 evening meals served at local restaurant
- Luxury air-conditioned coach for all transfers and excursions
- 2 full days of visits to the most important D-Day sites
- Direct flight from Paris to Dublin
- Day 1: 27th September 2020 – Caen
Meet your fellow travellers at Dublin airport for your flight to Paris. A Joe Walsh Tours representative will also be at the airport to assist you in any way necessary. Once landed, you will collect your baggage and board the coach which will transfer you to Caen which is located in the heart of the Normandy D-Day Landings. You will have an orientation tour of Caen before checking into your hotel and go for dinner at a nearby restaurant.
- Day 2: 28th September 2020 – D-Day Landing Sites
After breakfast at your hotel, you will visit Pegasus Bridge, now a famous war memorial. Originally called the Bénouville Bridge after a nearby village, the road links Caen and Ouistreham. The bridge was originally built in 1934 and was replaced in 1994. The original now being in the Pegasus Memorial Museum. You will then visit Ranville War Cemetry.
Following on, you will also get to experience the Juno Beach Centre located in Courseulles-sur-Mer, directly behind the section of beachhead on which 14,000 Canadian troops landed on D-Day in 1944.
Afterwards, you will explore the Normandy coast and the several landing areas during Operation Neptune. Areas visited include Sword Beach, Gold Beach and Juno Beach. You will visit Longues-sur-Mer, a WW2 German artillery battery. This battery was captured on 7th June 1944, although, it’s the only one to retain all of its guns and was listed as a historical monument in 2001.
Finally, you will head back to your hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
- Day 3: 29th September 2020 – D-Day Landing Sites
After breakfast at your hotel, you will also visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial which is located on the former temporary battlefield cemetery of St Laurent and contains 9,388 burials.
You will then take in more landing areas along the Normandy Coast such as Utah Beach Landing Museum and Omaha Beach. Following on, visit nearby La Cambe German war cemetery. This is the largest German war cemetery in Normandy, containing more than 21,200 German military personnel. Afterwards, you will travel to Sainte-Mère-Église, one of the first towns liberated in the allied invasion on D-Day and experience the Airborne Museum. You will then be transferred back to your hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
- Day 4: 30th September 2020 – Bayeux & Departure
Following on from breakfast, you will check out from your hotel this morning. You will then visit the Bayeux Military Cemetery, known as the largest Commonwealth soldier cemetery of World War 2 in France. This cemetery contains 4,648 burials and sits opposite the Bayeux Memorial. The Bayeux Memorial commemorates over 1,800 casualties of those who died in Normandy and have no known grave. You will then be transferred to the airport for your flight home.
- Group airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Direct, return flights from Dublin
- Daily breakfast and evening meals served at hotels
- 10kg hand luggage
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Prices are inclusive of airline taxes and charges
- Single rooms are on request at a supplement of €120
- A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required for booking
- A buy on board catering system is available on flights
- Licenced as a Tour Operator and Travel Agent by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in compliance with UK & European regulations. T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689