Please note that this is not a group tour or escorted tour. It is a tailor-made itinerary for individuals who wish to travel to India.
Transport & Accommodation
- Flights from Dublin via Abu Dhabi to Cochin with Etihad Airways
- Transfer on arrival from the airport to your hotel in Cochin
- 2 nights accommodation in the Holiday Inn Hotel, in a Superior Room in Cochin or similar
- 2 nights accommodation in the Poetree by Sarovar Hotel, in a Club Room in Periyar or similar
- 1 night accommodation in the Citrus Retreats Hotel, in a Deluxe Lake View Room in Alleppey or similar
- 1 night accommodation on Raxa Houseboat, in a Standard Room in Alleppey or similar
- 3 nights accommodation in the Turtle on the Beach Hotel, in an Arabian Sea View Room in Kovalam or similar
- Breakfast served each day at hotels
- Lunch and dinner also served on the houseboat
- Transfer to Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Airport for return flight to Dublin
- Flights from Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) via Abu Dhabi to Dublin with Etihad Airways
- Air-conditioned sedan car for all transfers and tours
- Assistance of a Joe Walsh Tours representative at airports and hotels
Tours & Excursions
- Kerala classical dance show at a local theatre in Cochin
- City tour of Cochin including a visit to the Mattancherry Dutch Palace (subject to opening days), St. Francis Church, Jew Town and the Jewish Synagogue (subject to opening days) and the viewing of the Chinese Fishing Nets
- Nature walk in Thekkady
- Jeep ride through a spice plantation in Thekkady
- Kalaripayattu martial arts performance in Thekkady
- Day and night cruise on tranquil backwaters aboard Kettuvalloms – a typical houseboat
- English speaking guide assistance for sightseeing as per itinerary
- Entrance fees included at all monuments as per the itinerary
- DAY 1: Dublin – Delhi
Depart Dublin. Fly to Cochin via Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways.
- DAY 2: Cochin
Arrive in Cochin. Meet a Joe Walsh Tours representative at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Cochin, followed by a check in. Heralded as the Queen of Arabian Sea, Kochi (Cochin) was an important spice trading centre on the Arabian Sea coast since the 14th century. It was the site of the first European colonial settlement in India and remained until 1530. Free time. Enjoy a spectacular show of Kerala classical dance in the evening. Overnight in the hotel.
- DAY 3: Cochin
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, take a city tour of Cochin. Visit Mattancherry Dutch Palace (closed on Friday and National holiday), built by the Portuguese. Visit St. Francis Church, the oldest European Church in India. View the Chinese Fishing Nets, unique to this part of Kerala and living symbols of the centuries’ old Chinese influence on this coast. Visit Jew Town and the Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Fridays, Saturdays and all Jewish holidays). Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 4: Cochin-Periyar
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, drive to Periyar (Approx. 156 km / 4 hours). On arrival, proceed to your hotel for a check-in. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure for indepent activities. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 5: Periyar
At 7 am, proceed for a Nature Walk.This is an interpretive programme, offering excellent opportunity to watch birds, butterflies and other wild life. This is the right programme to experience nature. Different nature trails traversing diverse habitats for the trekking route cover 4-5 km in the Anavachal/ Anachuruli area. The trail often passes through evergreen and moist deciduous forests interspersed with marshy grasslands. The duration of trek is 2 ½ hrs. Return to the hotel for breakfast. In the afternoon, take a Jeep ride through a spice plantation to explore cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, coffee and tea estates. In the evening, watch a thrilling Kalaripayattu – a local martial arts performance. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 6: Periyar - Alleppey
Breakfast at the hotel, followed by a morning drive to Alleppey (Approx. 139 km / 3 hours). On arrival, check into your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 7: Kettuvalloms
Breakfast and check-out in the morning. You will be picked up from the resort to later embark your ‘Kettuvalloms’ – a typical houseboat. Cruise along the tranquil backwaters. Kettuvalloms were primarily used for transporting paddy and other goods now an integral part of Kerala’s tourism. Glide along the serene backwaters rightly called the Venice of the East. Enjoy lunch and dinner on board and overnight on the houseboat.
- DAY 8: Kovalam
Breakfast on board the houseboat. Disembark and transfer to Kovalam (Approx. 161 km / 4 hours). On arrival, transfer to your hotel. Spend the afternoon at leisure for independent activities. Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 9: Kovalam
Breakfast at the hotel. Full day at leisure to enjoy independent activities. Overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 10: Kovalam
Breakfast at hotel. Full day at leisure for independent activities, followed by an overnight at the hotel.
- DAY 11: Kovalam
Breakfast at the hotel. Spend the morning at leisure for independent activities and check out of your hotel at noon. Transfer to Trivandrum airport (Approx. 12 km / 20 minutes) to board your flight back to Dublin.
- Travel insurance €45 per person
- Licenced by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, TO 052 and TA 0689 in compliance with the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Package Regulation 2018