Diocese of Shrewsbury
Lourdes is a place of universal meeting and sharing, prayer and celebration of lifeDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Shrewsbury Pilgrimage to Lourdes is now rescheduled to take place from the 30 July - 5 August 2021 from Liverpool Airport.
You can book the Shrewsbury Pilgrimage to Lourdes by contacting the Shrewsbury Diocesan Pilgrimage Office on 07773 324 264 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the booking form and day-to-day itinerary, please visit the Shrewsbury Diocesan Pilgrimage website, here.
If you require assistance or intend on taking a wheelchair to Lourdes you must register your request by calling our office.
The pilgrimage includes a full programme of religious ceremonies, special masses and social evenings.
- Currency: Euro (€, EUR)
- Local time: GMT +1 hour
- Airport: Tarbes-Lourdes (LDE)
- Flight duration: 2 hours 20 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 20 minutes from Tarbes-Lourdes (LDE) airport
- Languages: French; many people speak English
- Climate: Continental mountain climate with warm summers and cold, dry winters; best time to travel is April to October
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets Type C 2 pin and Type E 2 pin are used
- Visa: not required for EU citizens; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities
- Passport: EU passport holders travelling to France must have an up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return; non-EU citizens are advised to check with the relevant authorities