Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Mexico, rich in reminders of ancient civilizations, is also a modern developing nation. Temples and cathedrals contrast with futuristic buildings and fully-equipped beach resorts. Elsewhere, elements of the ancient and colonial cultures persist in aspects of rural life. Fêtes and festivals are celebrated with enthusiasm, and the markets in towns and villages are lively and colourful.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Archaeological sites: The most famous ancient Maya sites include Chitchen Itza and Uxmal in the Yucatan, Palenque hidden in the jungles of Chiapas, Monte Alban near Oaxaca, and Teotihuacan, the Aztec capital near Mexico City. Between them, they present a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the country‘s past ruling civilisations.
- Beaches: The Yucatan peninsula boasts postcard-perfect white sands and azure Caribbean seas, though some stretches are crowded (our portfolio avoids the worst spots, of course). Nature lovers should head to the Pacific Coast - unspoilt Mazunte with its nesting turtles, or the more developed but still secluded coast south of Puerto Vallarta. Or Baja California (especially around Bahia Concepcion) has some beautiful beaches and great sea-kayaking.
- Tour: Chichen Itza Plus: Explore Chichen Itza designated as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World – this is an extraordinary visit to one of the most impressive archaeological discoveries on the planet! Book now and learn more about the Maya by visiting this UNESCO World Heritage Site as it is simply a “Must Do” day.
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXB) | The US dollar is widely accepted
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1 - €3
- Bottle of Wine: from €5 - €10
- 3 Course meal: €10 - €15
- Time Difference is GMT: - 6 hours - Daylight savings +1 hour, April to October
- Languages: Spanish
- Climate: Varied climate. Temperate above the 24th parallel, tropical below it
- Voltage: 127V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets USA 2 pin and USA 3 pin are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Mexico must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A, Diphtheria & Rabies - please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.