Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Laos offers holidaymakers a glimpse of life in old Indochina, it is less developed tan its Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese neighbours and is traditionally quite reserved. Appreciate the mix of Buddhist culture and French colonial influences, stunning natural scenic beauty and quaint villages, along with sincere local hospitality. The gentle dignity of the Laos people will ensure your stay is a truly special experience.
Discover Luang Prabang. A UNESCO World Heritage city renowned for both its beautiful buildings and the serenity of its natural surrounds. Encircled by mountains and set 700 metres above sea level at the confluence of the Nam Khan and Mekong Rivers, the city’s mix of temples. Crumbling French provincial architecture and multi-ethnic inhabitants will captivate you. Vietiane, Laos’ Capital city, sits on a bend in the Mekong River and is a laid back city with a number of interesting Wats (Buddhist Monasteries) and lively markets.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- Currency: Lao or Laotian Kip (LAK, ₭)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €0.50 - €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50
- Bottle of Wine: €6
- 3 Course meal: €2 - €9
- Time Difference is GMT: + 7 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Vientiane (VTE)
- Flight duration: 12 hours 30 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 30 minutes
- Languages: Lao
- Climate: Tropical wet and tropical dry
- Voltage: 230V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type A, type B, type C, type E and type F are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): Yes
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Laos must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Tuberculosis, Diphtheria, Japanese B Encephalitis, Meningococcal Meningitis, Malaria are recommended - please consult your GP
- These prices are given as a guide only.