Please note that these are tailor made itineraries and not escorted tours.
Langkawi Island is the largest in an archipelago of 99 islands located in the northwest corner of peninsular Malaysia, close to the Thai border. It features an unspoiled and tranquil environment, white sandy beaches, hideaway coves, calm seas, adventurous island trekking and spectacular underwater activities. Langkawi offers more than idyllic beach and luxury hotels, when you feel like a break from basking on a beautiful beach, you might like to try some of the islands watersports, take a trek through the jungle or embark on one of the many day-trips. Langkawi is also a duty free island and offers good value in alcohol, cosmetics and cigarettes.
When you have got some ideas on your holiday, please feel free to contact our experienced Worldwide Travel specialists on:
- 2 Centre Holidays: Combine a beach holiday in one of our top resorts with a few days retail therapy in the capital Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Airlines fly direct to Langkawi and Penang 2 days a week and return from Kuala Lumpur, providing the perfect opportunity for an ideal beach and city holiday!
- Currency: Malaysia Ringgit (MHR)
- Glass of Coca Cola: €1
- Bottle of Beer: €1.50 - €3.50
- Bottle of Wine: from €5 - €20
- 3 Course meal: €2 - €10
- Time Difference is GMT: + 8 hours (no daylight saving time in 2012)
- Airports: Langkawi (LGK)
- Flight duration: 13 hours 10 minutes approximately
- Transfer time: 40 minutes
- Languages: Malaysian, English
- Climate: Tropical/Equatorial
- Voltage: 240V A/C, sockets outlets and sockets type C, type G and type M are used
- Visa (Irish citizens): No
- Passport: EU citizens travelling to Malaysia must have a valid up-to-date passport valid for travel three months beyond the date of return
- Vaccinations: Typhoid, Tetanus, Hepatitis A,- in some areas Malaria are recommended -please consult your GP.
- These prices are given as a guide only.